Wednesday 4 May 2011

RECIPE - Beefburgers

When I’m on a diet I always crave naughty things, and these burgers really help satisfy the cravings, especially when I serve them topped with a homemade salsa and Slimming World chips. It’s also fun when family members start questioning how you can eat such ‘bad food’ when you’re on a diet, as you sit scoffing the whole lot!

Ingredients
500g extra lean minced beef
1 egg
1 small onion, diced as small as possible
1 clove garlic, crushed
Mixed herbs
Beef stock cube, made up with around 25ml of water (trust me!)
Salt and Pepper
(Fresh chilli, finely chopped if you want to add some spice)

Method
  1. Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty - get stuck in and really squash and mix everything together.
  2. Divide into balls and squash down to form a burger shape - thick or thin depending on your preference. (This mixture normally makes me about 5 - 6 burgers, but again, it depends how big or small you like them)
  3. The burgers can be cooked straight away, by frying in fry light until cooked through, or oven cooking. Alternatively they can be freezed individually for when you have a burger craving

1 comment:

  1. I have just made these and they were fab! I didn't add chilli but I did put 1/2 a babybel light in the middle before cooking. Yum.

    ReplyDelete